Monday, January 28, 2013

Day 29: Light

"It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light." 
- Aristotle Onassis

Read the above quote four times and tell me what you think of it. Precisely what I thought after coming across it heedlessly at least 25 times; So when I'm having the worst day ever where I lose hope and faith and everything that keeps me living I should probably, oh wait I must focus to see the light or what ever that could possibly be on the brighter side?

It is during my darkest moments, or so I believe they are my darkest and gloomiest yet, that I find toughest to be open to any positive thoughts. I say and do things irrationally that is brought upon only from my pessimistic side, but that's what the dark mind does to you; it attends to negative thoughts and neglects anything that might seem positive or hopeful. But over time, through personal experiences, I figured that usually after a long thought I've been accustomed to go through several stages which eventually make me feel better altogether. I learnt that 1) There are ways of making yourself feel better, 2) It might take a little effort and time but you WILL feel better sooner or later.

I was never comfortable with telling others what I really thought and felt, until I felt like I wanted someone else not just to listen but to understand. Closure isn't always a good idea in a long run. I guess what I'm trying to say is no matter how dark a situation or a feeling may be, there is light somewhere. May it be a bright or dim light, just like an idea it can be cultivated - give yourself some time and with a little effort, you are bound to feel better. It's never a cinch but this I can promise you - you WILL feel better.

This might not help but I sure hope it will: You are much more than you think you are; you are you and you are of beauty and pleasantness and your existence is momentous and to quote a friend, "Your life is important".


I apologize for the hiatus I had taken from this photo challenge for classes and school-related matters
are keeping me occupied but I am soon to reach the end of this challenge wohoo!
Anyone up for a jolly song?



No comments: