Monday, August 3, 2009

Bengkel Sejarah

Bengkel Sejarah at Memorial Tunku Abdul Rahman. I've got to say, we're pretty lucky being selected to attend this seminar. By 'we' I meant Yvonne, Syakirah, Hui Zhi and I.

Details on the seminar. We were there on the second day, so as other schools of Zon Keramat and Zon Sentul. Coincidentally, I met a few of my former primary school friends there, Rose, Thylaga and Izzati.

Taking a walk and just looking around the place before the seminar started. We were bored and were almost an hour early.

Visiting Tunku Abdul Rahman's memorial was something amazing, inspiring maybe? I've begun to realize History is not learnt to just score an A for a test but also, to learn our country's remarkable histories for the rest of our lives as citizens here. Boring yet remarkable, significant most importantly. I'd certainly like to inculcate and be fascinated about history but maybe it's just not my thing XD.

Half of the time visiting the memorial and walking around were spent taking photos. It might be our first and last time there, so why not?

I gotta say, this old-fashioned, antique car is pretty awesome. It still looks very new, spotless and polished, hm, funny isn't it.

The seminar started at 8.30 a.m., half an hour later than the initial starting time but no worries, we still had seven hours left. Boy that sounds awfully long. We were given a talk on 'Teknik-teknik Menjawab Soalan Sejarah PMR', otherwise 'Effective/Successful Techniques on Scoring an A for PMR History'. Using mindmaps, relating History to songs by changing its lyrics, do tons and tons of model papers including previous years' PMR question papers, pasting study notes on walls, and basically those techniques that we've heard of before. No doubt, they're not entirely fruitless, quite effective I can say, it's just the matter of applying it.

As you can see here, that's the stage and the rest of it are just seats. I couldn't manage to take pictures of the whole hall otherwise I would seem strange, and besides there was nothing much to capture.

Later on we had another seminar which was mostly just revision on our syllabuses and exercises from previous years' PMR question papers. Then we had two hours of total freedom to visit around the whole memorial, to look at the exhibitions and of course, to have lunch. We got to visit Tunku Abdul Rahman's home, office and all those stuff.

University of Cambridge, see that?

I thought this was cool so I snapped a shot of it.

I wonder too...

This electronical mechanism thingy was awesome, we kept horsing around with it.

We didn't exactly read everything, just a tiny bit, we were more interested in looking at pictures and all those interesting things.

Rose, whom I saw first before I spotted Thylaga and Izzati and whom I was surprised to see there, frankly speaking.

Thylaga and Izzati.

At nearly 3.30 p.m., the seminar ended and we left the place immediately after a quick photo.

From right : Hui Zhi, Syakirah, Pn. Ruslina Darwish, Yvonne and I.

I was laughing so much when we were on the way to the memorial, it was uncontrollable. The currypuffs thing were just ridiculously funny, but I'm OK now, haha :)

So, to wrap it up, it was a superbly awesome experience. We were fortunate to get to learn something out of it and at the same time, we enjoyed ourselves. Now, to apply it, revise and revise and revise. More and more exercises. Signing off now, bye!

No comments: